Demand generation is the process that creates and nurtures new opportunities for the sales team. A strong demand generation program allows the company to predictably scale the number of opportunities sourced each month or quarter by increasing marketing spend (e.g. invest $1, get $3 in return).
At SaaSMQL, we work with venture-funded SaaS startups to build a demand generation engine that engages their target accounts and converts them into qualified opportunities. We leverage intent data and marketing automation to launch and scale targeted campaigns via digital ads and direct mail.
Demand generation is the process of driving opportunities and revenue from companies that match the Ideal Customer Profile. This is typically achieved by going through the following steps:
1) Driving qualified traffic to the website or landing pages
2) Converting the anonymous traffic into known leads
3) Engaging leads with content or demos until they are ready to buy
4) Converting the sales opportunity into a customer
5) Expanding customers by upselling additional products or services
The demand generation team normally includes the following roles:
- Content Marketing (to create webinars, whitepapers, blogs, and collaterals)
- Marketing Operations (to setup lead funnel, lead scoring, lead nurturing, marketing automations, etc.)
- Digital Marketing (to manage ad campaigns and email marketing)
- Event Marketing (for conferences, tradeshows, meetups)
- Design (for banner ads, landing pages and other assets)
At SaaSMQL we work with our client to implement a scalable demand generation system that is designed to engage target accounts. We analyze your opportunity and pipeline data in Salesforce and HubSpot to build your Ideal Customer Profile and to develop a solid target account list. Then we segment the accounts by tier, vertical, intent, and stage of the funnel.
Our system is designed to turn Cold Accounts into Warm Accounts, and Warm Accounts into sales opportunities. We leverage a proprietary multi-channel approach that combines automated email sequences and integrated direct mail campaigns.
Based on the engagement and conversion data, we optimize the campaign and update the target account list, creating a self-improving cycle.
Choosing the right channels to drive traffic and leads is crucial for a successful demand generation strategy. Depending on the target industry and segment, channels will have a different ROI.
The most popular demand generation channels in B2B are:
- Google Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- Facebook Ads (for retargeting)
- Email marketing
- Content syndication
- Quora Ads
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Direct mail
- Sponsored webinars
The key is to run small test programs on multiple channels, then scale those that have the highest ROI. Keep in mind that in B2B it's important to track every marketing touch across the funnel. Certain channels will perform better as first-touch campaigns, while others will be more effective at converting leads into customers (last-touch campaigns).
Starting from your sales funnel metrics and goals, we design a system that can generate qualified meetings and opportunities in a predictable way, month after month.
The main components of the systems are:
- You target niches
- Campaign theme and message for each niche
- Program goals (opportunities, pipeline, revenue)
- Campaign budget
- Channel selection (depending on your target niche)
- Program assets for each channel/niche
- Funnel map & timeline
- Program dashboard
Once the demand generation system is running, we optimize it on a regular basis to improve conversion rates and ROI.
We analyze your conversion rates across the funnel and create a budget based on your revenue goals.
Automated workflow to nurture prospects that are not yet ready to buy or engage with a sales rep.
Multi-channel system to engage and convert enterprise accounts across different programs (online & offline).
We streamline your process to assign leads from marketing to sales, and convert them into opportunities.
We build the process to score and qualify your prospects based on your Marketing Qualified Lead definition.
We track every interactions with your campaigns to help you understand what program is driving revenue..